16 October 2012

Pinewood Derby - 29. September 2012


 The Stake had invited to a Pinewood Derby and Marco had claimed to have a car for him and each of the kids. I didnt have aneed for a car.

We carved them out the week before the derby (while Bedstefar was visiting). I worked on Iris car and made the basic shape's of what should have been Alessandro's car. Marco refined to a much better look after adding a spoiler (see yellow car later). However Ale decided that he liked the 3rd car better, which Marco had carved for himself.

Here you see Ale with the red car and Iris with her "Hello Kitty" car. I was surprised I actually managed to get a decent looking car produced.
 There was many nice cars of high quality in the game. But my favorite was the Fred Flintstone.
 Here is Axel. He was the commentator through out the whole game (about 65-6 hours).
He did a good job. His wife Ruth was hidden some where while counting the votes each car had got. There was a grown-up and a kids category and each had a best looking car category and a most creative category. I think Iris car should have one (honestly)...but it just happens that I know Ruth from work and she knows that I did most of work, so I guess we got disqualified without being told. I would say most of the kids got a lot of help not to mention her own son... that won the  one of the prices..but we let this issue come to rest here.

Ale was not really so much into all of it on to the end ... which was after his own car had been racing.
 Here you see our Kitty Car ready to go. Each car had 4 races (one in each lane)
 Here is the red lightning car losing ground to the other cars. Out cars lost big time. Probably because we had not smired the tires with anything. Next year we know better.
 Here is our last car. The yellow sports car. Looks good!
 Iris is playing on dads Iphone while i looks at the game.
 At home the kids had to play with the cars again. They love them. But I had to attach a lego-man to Ale's red car because he was a little jealous of Iris Kitty.

No comments: