We took off to the hospital around noon. I wanted to be sure to arrive to the hospital on time to get a PDA (nightmares of the birth of Alessandro hunting me made the decision on turning to drugs for painrelief very easy). And we arrived just in time for that.
The PDA did its job partly (left leg slept well - the rest of the body not affected). However adding that the birth this time was less painful I managed to enjoy the birth process this time and didn't pass out at all :-)
Also Marco had a less painful time doing the birth this time. With Alessandro's birth he hid himself behind the camera documenting everything. With Iris he didn't need to hide, now knowing that he could get through the birth without passing out. Instead he entertained himself with his Iphone. And when time came where I had a lot of pain all the time he though it could be good to distress me by showing me some favorite scenes from Full Metal Jacket. He didn't understand and still don't understand that I didn't appreciate it. MEN! or should I say MARCO!

Iris arrived late afternoon and here she is 13 mins after the birth.
Happy and tired.
First phonecall was not outgoing but incoming. My niece Nanna called to congratulate me with the birth of Iris. As you can see was Iris still in my arms and it was less then 30 mins from when she was born. So for good reason I was wondering how Nanna knew about the birth. She told she had seen the news on MARCO's Facebook profile together with a couple of photoes. And yes indeed - Marco updated his profile 15 mins after the birth. MARCO!
And here Marco is of his Iphone and can kiss his newborn baby girl.
Alessandro and Nonna Sandra came in the evening. Alessandro wanted to kiss Iris right away when he saw her and he behaved like had he known her as part of the family all his life.
Because of some green fruitwater Iris had been drinking we needed to stay at the hospital for a week. The doctor gave her this bronyle (Or what ever it is called) and with that she got her medicine 2 times a day. I thought it will spare more picks but ohhh nooo - they had to take blood samples of her all the time. So in the end of the week they had to search for veins to plug in to. Which makes me think of drug-users, which makes me feel bad especially in connection with my baby girl.
The yellow bronyle and the yellow outfit the hospital had provided, made it look like she had dressed for carneval as a bee. A very cute bee!
By the way. Notice her "long" hair in the front of her head. It felt of after the second bath she got. Leaving her with long hair in the back and almost nothing in the front. :-(
Here in Germany you have to name the child already within a week after birth. So Marco and I had agreed about a name and the spelling from home. All the official papers for Fx Healthinsurance, kindergarten, registration at the cityhall and so one was pre-prepared. So I was shocked when I heard Marco just after the birth spelling her name differently to the staff of the hospital. So now she is a Iris Giuliana instead of a Iris Juliana. He is forgiven though :-)

Finally we could leave the hospital and Iris got dressed up with some fine softpink cloth, so no one would miss the fact that "It's a girl".
No comments:
Post a Comment