04 June 2008

Extra day off... or how to misuse a holiday

I just have to tell this story...

Leaving Milan alone since Marco had to stay for work I flew home towards Frankfurt. To make it cheap I travelled with Ryanair to Hahn about 140 km west of Frankfurt where our car also was parked.

Of course there were delayes so besides from the fact that the flight was scheduled to arrive midnight which seems late enough for me I ended up first leaving the terminal 1:30.

But the story starts before this. In Milan I had checked in and was on my way out to the plane with the little airportbus. I decided to prepare for arrival in Frankfurt by having the carkeys and parkingticket on top of my bag.

The parkingticket was found in my wallet, the keys were found.... §$%/# in Marco's computer bag which where with him and not with me.

So I had all the fligt time to think about alternative solutions on how to come home from Hahnairport in the middle of the night. Knowing that the last bus from Hahn leaves 1:00 and then finding out we would arrive later didn't make the flight comfortable.

Luckily the bus had waited for us in Hahn, so I bought a ticket and took the bus to Frankfurt Airport where I took a taxi home. I arrived 4:00 in the morning and had the "pleasure" of waking up my neighbours to get my spare key from them.

At 8:00 I gave my boss notice that I needed a extra day off in order to retrieve my car.

At 10:30 I gave up sleepting.

At 12:00 I took of for the trainstation to get the train to Frankfurt.
From Frankfurt I took th bus to Hahnairport. Here I picket up the car and drove back home. I arrived 18:30.

Extra cost: 108 Euro and the use of a holiday.

Lesson: Never let your husband park the car (... or something else...)

No comments: